Thai Food Recipe / Phat Thai
Thai Food – Phat Thai Recipes; This homemade version of a Thai takeout standby is incredibly flavorful thanks to tangy fish sauce, sweet-and-sour tamarind, tart vinegar and rich palm sugar.
Thai Food – Phat Thai Recipes;
- 8 ounces pad thai noodles, preferably A Taste of Thai or Thai Kitchen brands
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 Thai bird chiles or 1 serrano with seeds, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Roasted peanuts, chopped cilantro and bean sprouts, for serving
How to Make It – Phat Thai
Phat Thai Recipe – Step 1
Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with very hot water. Let soak until just pliable, about 5 minutes. Transfer the noodles to a colander and drain, shaking and tossing the noodles once or twice.
Phat Thai Recipe – Step 2
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and chiles.
Phat Thai Recipe – Step 3
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. And add the shallots and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the Phat Thai noodles and stir-fry until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes. Scrape the noodles and shrimp to one side of the pan and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the empty side of the skillet.
* Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until nearly set, about 1 minute. Add the scallions and toss everything together, keeping the eggs relatively intact. Add the fish sauce mixture and stir-fry until the noodles are evenly coated, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the Phat Thai to a platter. Top with peanuts, cilantro and bean sprouts and serve with lime wedges.
Phat Thai recipe is quite simple. Click here for other Thai dishes you can easily make. Enjoy your meal!